Carlos Slim Health Awards 2018
The Carlos Slim Health Awards arise with the objective of recognizing people and institutions committed to the improvement of the health of the population of Mexico and Latin America. For more than 10 years, these awards have rewarded innovative work in areas such as research, care programs and development of human resources to solve the main public health challenges in the Latin American region.
For the present cycle, the call for the following category is opened:
Exceptional Institution Health Award
This award honors those non-profit private and public institutions which programs, whether academic or practical, contribute with innovative and efficient public health alternatives for the population of Latin America. These programs can be in the areas of health care, prevention, research or training of human resources.
The institutions honored in this category are distinguished by their sensitivity to identify the most relevant care needs for the population, their vision on who is in need of care, the quality of care they provide and their resolving capacity. Likewise, the winner institutions are distinguished by the creation of alliances that ensure the permanence of the programs and their impact on the benefitted population. The strategic vision, the introduction of innovations and the capacity to be replicated in different communities of the region are fundamental elements to be considered for the Exceptional Institution Health Award.
In addition to the delivery of the Health Prize statuette, an economic recognition of US$100,000 (or its equivalent in local currency) is granted.
A jury will be responsible for evaluating the nominations, and selecting 3 final candidates to receive the award. The jury is able to request the support of other experts in their deliberation. The three candidates will be presented to the Board of Directors of the Carlos Slim Foundation, which will make the final decision, who will announce the winners of this category in the 2018 Carlos Slim Health Awards.
The jury may declare void the call if no nominations are received in accordance with the guidelines and objectives of the Health Awards. The decisions of the Board of Directors of the Carlos Slim Foundation are indisputable.
Nominations will be received from August 16 until 11:59pm of October 31, 2017 on the site www.premiosensalud.org.
To express doubts or request clarifications, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org which will be answered within a maximum period of 3 business days. If you do not receive a reply within that time period, please send again your communication.
You can consult this call on the page www.premiosensalud.org, as well as access to the nomination format.
The results will be announced no later than the last day of February 2018 at www.premiosensalud.org.
The winners will be notified by telephone or electronically.
The award ceremony for the 2018 Health Awards will be held no later than June 2018 in Mexico City.
- Nominations will only be accepted by the route established in premiosensalud.org, and only those that comply with all the documentation requirements before the closing of the call will be considered. No documentation or nominations will be accepted after the deadline of the call.
- Nominations can be submitted only in Spanish or English.
- The period of reception of nominations is from August 16 to 23:59 pm of October 31, 2017 (Mexico City time). No nominations will be received after that date and time.
- Refer doubts and questions to the email email@example.com
- Health Awards are awarded on a merit basis, without discrimination based on race, sex, religion or political affiliation.
- Nominations must have detailed and verifiable information that justifies the nomination in terms of trajectory, research and/or projects carried out and their impact in the region.
Exceptional Institution Health Award
The Exceptional Institution Health Award aims to recognize successful programs that improve the health of the population of the Latin American region. The recognition seeks to promote the implementation, replication and dissemination of successful programs for the benefit of the population of Latin America.
- The nomination of the Institution shall be made by a member of its Board of Directors, or Board of Trustees.
- Demonstrate at least 10 years of service in the field of health.
- Be a public or private non-profit institution, legally constituted in one of the countries of Latin America or the Caribbean.
- Have specific documented cases of how its work or program has benefited the population of at least one country in the region.
- Supporting documentation:
- Complete the Nomination Format for the corresponding category.
- The formats can be found on premiosensalud.org
- Constitutive document scanned in pdf format.
- Three letters of endorsement from individuals or institutions of recognized prestige different than the nominated institution, including the benefits generated by the nominated institution.
- Letter from a donor of the nominated institution
- Letter from a beneficiary of the nominated institution
- Letter from a partner of the nominated institution.
- The letters must be presented in scanned copy in pdf format.