The Carlos Slim Foundation extends its activities to the United States Latino community providing different tools to help them in areas such as citizenship, health and education, in order to support this community in their search for opportunities that allow them to achieve a better quality of life and gain the necessary knowledge to regularize their immigration status.
[A program for migrants supported through digital platforms]
Acceso Latino is a free platform in Spanish and English that offers help through online tools for the Latino community living in the United States, as well as those who have returned to their original countries, on topics such as:
- U.S Citizenship Test preparation course, for those who are eligible
- Information on the culture, respect and defense of human rights, which all migrants should know
- Linkage to experts that provide free legal aid services on immigration issues
- Psychological counselling for repatriated migrants in the northern border, as well as telephone counseling and free messaging.
- Information on how to obtain a driving license in the United States
- Job Training, with over 136 free online courses to learn new professions
- Support through education tools for all levels, such as Aprende.org, Khan Academy in Spanish, Coursera, among others.
In this way, we help migrants finding better opportunities to achieve a better quality of life, through making available information and practical solutions. We seek to generate communities, bringing populations nearer and breaking down walls.